To build a valued business that provides sound environmental advice that meets our clients’ needs.
Paul Viskovich leads the ECA business.
Paul has been an environmental advisor for 10 years and holds a BSc in Zoology and an MSc in marine science (pollution).
He has worked for private and public organisations across Australia and New Zealand in the water, wastewater, waste, construction and finance industry. He has developed and implemented a wide range of environmental, safety and quality systems for organisations and has established industry benchmarks in environmental management.
Over the past 10 years Paul has been involved in environmental compliance, most recently as senior pollution specialist for Auckland Council’s Compliance Unit in New Zealand where he coordinated responses to major pollution incidents, led incident investigations and conducted internal and industry compliance training. Prior to that he was environmental advisor for Veolia Water maintaining compliance with EPA licences and he was pollution prevention officer for Maritime Safety Queensland spearheading pollution prevention programs across the Queensland coastline.
Paul is a lead auditor in environmental systems, is an ICAM trained investigator and has liaised with regulators across Australia and New Zealand. He is a regional oil spill responder, civil defence trained in CIMS4 and is a certified environmental practitioner (CEnvP).
How can we help you?
- Minimise business risk – minimise/reduce/better manage non-compliances
- Avoid enforcement action by regulators – non-compliances can result in penalty infringement notices (PINs), environmental protection orders, clean-up notices and prosecutions
- Company reputation – most tenders require disclosure of penalties and prosecutions which may hinder a company’s prospect of being the successful tenderer. In a competitive process, minimising or eliminating non-compliances through empowering your staff could make all the difference.
- Improved profitability – tenders are increasingly requiring evidence of sustainability initiatives and a managed system audited to local and international standards
- Maintain compliance – being able to identify issues and take preventative actions quickly and effectively
- Set industry standards – be innovative and industry leaders
- Cost savings – implementation of sustainability initiatives and environmentally aware practices can save money in the long-term e.g. energy, water and waste. Our facilitators have more than 10 years of experience working in the environmental sector.
**experienced environmental advisors with backgrounds in systems, compliance, training, operations and auditing**
**committed to helping companies become compliant and transforming their environmental culture**
Have you received an enforcement action from a regulator? This might include:
- warning notice and letter;
- infringement notice;
- administrative notice and orders made under legislation (e.g. direction notice);
- proceedings for court orders provided for under legislation;
- enforceable undertaking;
- prosecution; or
- suspension or cancellation of permit, licence or authority.
Have you received a non-compliance notice following an inspection by the regulator? Does your team need training in compliance, enforcement, incident response or incident investigation?
Does your business need to become environmentally compliant?
Then call for advice on appropriate actions to become compliant and avoid non-compliance.
Call us to help you navigate through an environmental authority or development approval.
We can help embed a positive environmental culture into your organisation to help you maintain compliance.